This picture reveals the heart of God toward you. As you look at the painting you see not only Jesus wrapping His arms around a fallen man, you see Him wrapping His arms of mercy around you. Your eyes say, “Jesus is holding a broken sinner.” Your heart says, “Jesus is holding me.” When you look at the cross you will never need to question if He loves you. He came for you — He died for you — He lives for you. What a tremendous price has been paid — more than all the riches in the entire world. This price was paid so that you could know the joy of being forgiven.
Jesus Loves You
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
The Best way to live life is to start by entering into relationship with the author of your life, by having fellowship and communion with the One who gave you your life.
Truly that’s what we ALL are looking for anyway, and without that connection in our life we all are as fish out of water, flopping around trying to find our way home.
The question is often asked, “What is the meaning of life and why am I here?”
Well for that answer I have learned to look to the Operations Manual for life… which is the Bible.
How can we know that the Bible is truly God’s Word?
Well to start with, the Bible is a collection of 66 books written by about 40 authors, in three different languages, on three different continents, over approximately 1600 years. The Bible itself claims to be inspired and the inerrant Word of God. This means that the Bible claims to be from God and that it is without error in everything it addresses.
How can we know this is so?
Well to start you have to read it; and when you do, you will find that God has provided in the Bible every evidence that truly this Book is of extra terrestrial origin.
“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:”
II Timothy 3:16
“No prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.”
2 Peter 1:20-21
Here’s further evidence that the Bible is God’s Word:
- Because it claims to be (as read in our Scriptures above).
- Because It hits the nail right on the head concerning the sinfulness of mankind. 2nd Timothy 3:1-7 reads, “This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.” Mankind is evil through and through. The humanists say man can improve. The New Age gang says that we can become gods. Evolutionists claim we all came from apes (with NO proof whatsoever). The Mormons say we can become gods. Do you think the American Psychiatric Association is going to tell you that you’re a sinner on your way to Hell if you die in your sins? No! This is not just religion friend, this is YOUR LIFE!!! What Book is there on this earth that gives you the plain truth about mankind and life? THE WORD OF GOD is the only answer! The Bible plainly teaches that man is prone to destruction because man has a sin-nature (Romans 3:10,23;5:12;7:21).
- Archaeology is in agreement with the Word of God. Not one spadefull of dirt has ever been uncovered to disprove the Word of God. In fact, many Archaeological expeditions have provided substantial evidence in support of Biblical claims. We don’t need Archeology to prove the Bible, the Bible is evidence enough by itself. Yet, here are more proofs if you need them. The Bible Itself is all the evidence I need.
- The Bible is scientifically accurate. Isaiah 40:22 declares that the earth is round. Leviticus 17:11 declares that the life is in the blood. For centuries doctors foolishly drained the blood out of their patients resulting in certain death. The Bible also mentions astronomy, Job 9:9 mentions Arcturus, Orion, and Pleiades. Proverb 17:22 teaches that good health is directly linked to being happy. Psychiatrists offices are overflowing today with the stressed out people. Happiness can only come from being saved and living for the Truth of God’s Word.
- The Bible was miraculously written. The Bible was written over a 1,500 year period by 40 different men as God’s Holy Spirit moved through them. There is NO earthly way possible that so many men (most of whom never met each other), could have written so many different books in different styles that all perfectly merge into one meaningful Book, but with God all things are possible!!!
- The world’s hatred for the Word of God. John 3:20 reads, “For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.” This is why the unsaved world hates Jesus Christ and His Word so intensely, because They expose sin! NO book on this planet is hated anywhere near as much as the Bible. Most people hate the Truth. Speaking the Truth is a fast way to make enemies, “Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?.” The world hated Jesus without a cause because He spoke the Truth (John 15:25).
- The world’s hatred for Christians. Jesus said, “I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world” -John 17:14. I’ve been despised and hated my whole life because of my Christian testimony. I know what it’s like to be ostracized by others, to be lied about, to be called a hypocrite, to be laughed at and ridiculed, to be the black sheep of the family. But I know God will make everything right in Heaven. Jesus told us that we’d be hated. It’s really Jesus and the Bible that they hate, not us. I’m not going to feel bad about something that God said would happen. I don’t like to be hated, but I love the Truth and want to please God by proclaiming It far and wide.
- The attack from false religions. The book of Koran is a jumbled mess containing no prophecy at all. The Koran attacks Christians, Jews, and the doctrines of the Bible. The Jehovah Witnesses (JW’s) claim that Michael the archangel became Jesus. They deny Christ’s deity. The Mormons deny Christ’s deity. The Catholics pervert the Bible by teaching the necessity of the sacraments for salvation, etc. Wiccan witches reject the Word of God as fables. New Agers teach that there are millions of ways to God, just follow the light; but the Word of God proclaims that there is ONLY one way to Heaven and that’s through Jesus Christ! Every false religion in one way or another twists and corrupts the Word of God. The attack is against the Word of God!!!
- The woeful condition of the world. The Bible clearly teaches that Satan is the god of this world (2nd Corinthians 4:4). John 10:10 plainly declares that the Devil only comes to kill, steal, and destroy. It’s obvious that there are evil forces at work beyond human suffering and war. Most people believe in God and Satan, so why is it so hard to accept the idea that God would want to communicate with His creation (humanity)? It doesn’t surprise me that spoiled Americans would deny the existence of God and Satan, but ask anyone in a third world nation if they believe. Pride blinds men’s eyes. 1st John 5:19 declares that the whole world lieth in wickedness.
- The existence of Satanists and occult groups. The fact that all these Satanic groups, like the Church of Satan are proof of Satan. Wicca witches deny the existence of Satan, but Biblically they are of Satan. Just because they deny the Devil doesn’t mean he doesn’t exist. Hitler was known to levitate above the floor. He was infatuated with the occult. America is plagued with occult groups such as Bohemian Grove, Skull and Bones, Freemasonry, and many more. Freemasonry commonly displays an upside down pentagram representing the Devil. They worship the great architect, Baphomet (Satan). Just look online at some of the witchcraft websites speaking about spells, charms, astral projection, astrology, etc. The Bible clearly forbids such activities (Deuteronomy 18:10; 1st Samuel 15:23; Isaiah 47:13, Ephesians 5:11).
- The Holy Spirit in my heart. Romans 8:9 reads, “But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.” And Romans 8:16, “The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:” What a wonderful Truth, God’s Holy Spirit lives within the body of every believer. I know that the Bible is God’s Word because the Holy Spirit within my body tells me so. It’s not something I can describe. All I can say is that when I read the Word of God, it all makes perfect sense to me. I thank God for His Precious Word!
- All of the modern corrupt Bibles. The fact that Satan is trying to eradicate the Truth by corrupting It’s contents speaks volumes. The fact that every modern Bible diminishes the deity of Christ, the blood atonement, the Godhead, and many other doctrines as compared to the King James Bible is evidence that the Bible is indeed God’s Word. Sadly, even many believers have bought into the Devil’s lie of swapping their trustworthy King James Bible for a perversion like the New International Version which completely removes the words “Godhead,” “sodomites,” and even “begotten” in John 3:16. It is so obvious that Satan is relentlessly attacking God’s Word.
- Man wouldn’t have written the bible. Man couldn’t have written the Bible if he wanted to, and wouldn’t if he could have. Why would men write a book condemning themselves? Not one book throughout history even comes near to the Bible’s description of mankind. Jeremiah 17:9 reads, “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?” What man could write such a thing?
- The lie of evolution. The fact that evolution is taught as if it were a fact all across the world is evidence of man’s unwillingness to learn the Truth. Evolution has no scientific basis, it cannot be tested or studied. Evolution is NOT science, but a mere theory of atheist conjectures. If the Bible is not true, then why is mankind desperately trying to hide his ignorance concerning creation. There is NO answer which makes sense except God. Please read Is There a God?. Evolution is proof of one thing, that man is afraid of the Truth.
Fulfilled Bible Prophecy. The Word of God is filled with much prophecy. Here is a page of many Fulfilled Bible Prophecies. It would be astronomically impossible for any one man to have fulfilled all of the prophecies which Christ fulfilled.
And finally the GREATEST evidence you will find that the BIBLE is truly the inerrant Word of God; the Book of Information Before Leaving Earth; that it’s God’s compass for you in this life to give you direction; and that it’s God’s love letter to you … ALL of these things will become evident to you when you sit down and begin to read it.
But before you start, consider this one thing, the same inspiration that moved upon the holy men of God in ages past, when they pinned the Bible through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, is also available to you when you read it, in order to apply God’s truth to your life personally.
Jesus promised us before He left that He would send a Comforter, who is the Holy Spirit, to indwell us and to guide and teach us in all truth: “But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.”
To explain this, let me just give you an analogy that was once given to me.
Are you familiar with what a holographic image is? It is a three dimensional picture that is created when an image is exposed on film in the light of a laser.
However if you attempt to view that exposed image in normal light you will only see a blur and it will make no sense, the image will only become clear as you view it under the very same light that created it.
The same is true of the Bible. If you attempt to read the Bible on your own, without the Holy Spirit’s illumination, it will just be words on a page, like any other book.
Before you begin to read the Bible, you must pray in faith (as Jesus promised) that the Holy Spirit will begin to illuminate the Scriptures for you, and apply God’s truths to your personal set of circumstances that you are experiencing in your life at this moment, where you are today… and He will.
JESUS… don’t leave home without Him. Start your adventure today!
Be blessed and have a wonderful day.